With our liberal LCHF meal plans, low in carbs and high in good healthy fats, you stack the odds in your favour. To get the most out of our LCHF meal plans, make sure you read this page carefully.
Important Advice and Useful Tips
What you SHOULD do
- Make sure to include the following foods in your diet:
- Vegetables and Fruits
- Good fats (olive and canola oil, nuts and seeds, fatty fish, avocado and olives)
- Whole grain cereal products
- Protein sources (legumes, soy products, dairy products and/or alternatives, poultry, seafood, meat)
- Drink enough fluids, i.e. 1 to 2 liters/quarts each day, including water, milk, soup, tea, coffee, juice, etc., distributed throughout the day.
- Move! Being physically active on a regular basis promotes physical and mental health and improves quality of life.
- If you are just starting, set realistic goals.
- Choose an activity that you like and that suits you.
- Gradually increase the duration and frequency of your activity fer example from 30 to 60 minutes and from 3 to 5 days a week.
- You can be spread your activity over the day. For example, 10 minutes of cycling to work, 10 minutes of gardening and 10 minutes of playing with your children.
- Consult your Doctorif you have a medical condition. We also recommend that you consult a Registered Dietitian and tell her/him that you follow the SOSCuisine Meal Plans.
What you should watch out for
- Avoid adding high-carb foods to your menu, as it may no longer meet the criteria for an LCHF diet. If the « Small appetite » level is not enough for you, you may switch to the « Hearthy appetite » level. If the latter is not enough, eat some nuts, olives, cheese or some [other snack]. You may also add an additional side dish to your meal.
- It is recommended to meet your nutritional needs through a balanced diet. Generally, this is enough to satisfy all your needs in vitamins and minerals. Check with your doctor if you still need to take a supplement. If you are also taking medication, to check with your pharmacist if there is a risk of interaction between your medication and the supplement. Pay special attention to group B vitamins, vitamins D and K, as well as calcium and magnesium.
- At the grocery store, choose products without trans fat. For example, make sure the ingredient list does not show hydrogenated oil.
- If you drink alcoholic beverages, do it in moderation, not more than one drink per day for women and two drinks per day for men. Choose low-carb alcoholic drinks.
- If you drink caffeinated beverages (coffee, tea, soft drinks, energy drinks, etc.), do it in moderation, about 2 to 3 cups of regular coffee or 2 to 3 servings of 1/4 cup of espresso per day.
What you should NOT do
- Avoid products containing added sugars. For your carbs, choose low-processed or unprocessed products that contain complex carbohydrates and fiber, mostly vegetables and small quantities of berries.
On previous diets, I was always hungry. How is your LCHF meal plan any different?
Our meals are rich in fiber and good fats, which fill you up while you’re eating and for the next few hours. One tip: Keep your water bottle close to quell your stomach rumbles before and between meals.
I reached my weight loss goal and am able to control my blood sugar. How can SOSCuisine help me to maintain my new weight?
When reaching your weight loss goal, it is important to continue to maintain good eating habits and a healthy lifestyle. If you have followed the “Small appetite” version of the LCHF meal plan, you may continue with the “Hearty appetite” version. Do not hesitate to contact us to help you choose a meal plan suited to your needs.
Are your LCHF meal plans the same as keto?
Our LCHF meal plans provide about 80 g/day of net carbs at the “Small appetite” level and about 100 g/day of net carbs at the “Hearty appetite” level. It’s a liberal ketogenic diet. In order for the liver to start producing ketone bodies with the fats from food and those stored in the body, an intake of about 20 g of net carbs per day is necessary. If you wish to undertake a ketogenic diet, our LCHF meal plans can ease the transition from your current diet (often containing more than 300 g/day) towards the strict ketogenic diet (20 g/day). If you have already followed a ketogenic diet, our LCHF meal plans can also help you maintain your improved health in the long term with a less strict diet.
Do you offer ketogenic meal plans?
Yes, we do offer ketogenic meal plans, that use healthy fats and minimize the risk of nutritional deficiencies.
Why meal plans instead of just recipes?
Properly balanced meal plans are the only effective way to ensure that you have the right amounts of protein, fat and carbohydrates, with no nutritional deficiencies. Looking for LCHF recipes is simply not enough. Week after week you will get meal plans that satisfy all your nutritional needs, along with the recipes, which are quick and easy to prepare. You will be able to enjoy your food without any worries! And your entire family will benefit, because these meal plans are appropriate for everyone, provided that the other family members add what they want to fulfill their appetite.
Are the SOSCuisine Meal Plans reliable?
Our Low Carb Healthy Fat (LCHF) Meal Plans with 700 healthy recipes fully comply with the recommendations of the experts in the field, the main ones being:
- American Diabetes Association (2018). Lifestyle Management: Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes. Diabetes Care, 41 (Supplement 1) S38-F50; DOI: 10.2337/dc18-S004
- British Diabetic Association (mai 2017). Low-Carb Diets for People with Diabetes. Tiré de: https://www.diabetes.org.uk/professionals/position-statements-reports/food-nutrition-lifestyle/low-carb-diets-for-people-with-diabetes
- Swedish Agency for Health Technology Assessment and Assessment of Social Services. (23 septembre 2013). Dietary treatment of obesity. Tiré de: https://www.sbu.se/en/publications/sbu-assesses/dietary-treatment-of-obesity/
- Saslow LR, Summers C, Aikens JE, Unwin DJ. (2018). Outcomes of a Digitally Delivered Low-Carbohydrate Type 2 Diabetes Self-Management Program: 1-Year Results of a Single-Arm Longitudinal Study. JMIR Diabetes 2018;3(3):e12. DOI: 10.2196/diabetes.9333
Info Nutrition: LCHF
The most recent recommendations (references) to eat well when following a LCHF diet consist of about 50 nutritional targets that must be attained day after day, to bring about healthy positive changes.
These targets can be grouped as follows:
- Optimal intake of fats, carbs (including dietary fibre) and protein
- Optimal intake of “good” fats such as poly- and monounsaturated, and optimal omega-6 / omega-3 ratio
- No artificial trans fat
- Optimal intake of vitamins and minerals.
Get our latest nutrition advice and cooking tips right in your inbox
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Oops! An error occurred.
Please try again.
IMPORTANT: The information provided on this website does not replace a medical consultation and is not intended for self diagnosis. We recommend that you seek the advice of your doctor or healthcare professional before undertaking a change to your diet or lifestyle. See Terms & Conditions.