|1 3/4 cup||snow peas||170 g|
|1 tbsp||butter, unsalted||14 g|
|1 tbsp||chives, fresh [optional]||3 g|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.2 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Prepare the carrots and snow peas. Cut the carrots crosswise on the diagonal into thin slices (about ½ cm) Cut the snow peas crosswise on the diagonal into about ½ cm pieces.
- In a large saucepan of boiling water blanch the carrots for 5 min, until they are crisp-tender (al dente). Add the snow peas and continue to cook for 1 min, then drain them well.
- Put the vegetables back into the pan, add the butter, then salt and pepper to taste. Heat the vegetables over low heat, stirring, about 2 min, or until the butter is melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (190g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Potassium, Vitamin B6
- Source of :
- Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Low :
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
gosian911january 13, 2011 | I would make this recipe again
Very simple I did add a teaspoon of maple syrup.I will make it more often.It was great!