Slices of fruit are dipped in a caquelon of melted chocolate.
|3/4 cup||lactose-free cream, 35%, for whipping||190 mL|
|180 g||unsweetened (dark) chocolate, or other type|
|3/4 cup||strawberries||120 g|
|2||bananas, small, cut into rounds||300 g|
|2||clementines, quartered||120 g|
|2/3 cup||grapes, seedless||70 g|
Before you start
You will need a fondue pot and a candle to keep the chocolate warm. Each guest should have a dipping fork (colour-coded if possible) and a small plate to let the cooked fruit pieces cool down a bit.
- Pour the cream in a small pot, then heat over low flame until warm, but do not bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat then add the chocolate. Let melt 2 min, then stir, using a whisk, until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and put it on top of a burner. If the fondue is too thick to your taste, stir in some more cream (or your preferred liquor).
- Each guest dips with various fruits and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (200g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Folacin, Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Iron, Manganese
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin C
|Other Foods||1 ½|