Very simple and tasty. A western interpretation of an Indian (Rajasthani) recipe.
- Prepare the croutons.
- Meanwhile, heat the canola oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the flour and beat well with a whisk or wooden spoon. Cook for 3 min, stirring constantly and taking care not to let it burn.
- Slowly add the broth, while stirring thoroughly to avoid lumps. Cook over medium heat 4-5 min.
- Add the tomatoes and mix well. Add more broth if the soup is too thick. Cook over medium heat 5 min.
- Season with salt, pepper, and Tabasco sauce to taste. Serve with croutons.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (260g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¾||serving|
|Grain Products :||1 ½||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Omega-3, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Vitamin B1, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Excellent source of :
- Manganese, Selenium, Vitamin A
- Diet-related health claims :