This super easy low-carb bread recipe is inspired by the blog My New Roots.
|1 cup||sunflower seeds||140 g|
|1/2 cup||flax seeds||90 g|
|2/3 cup||hazelnuts, shelled||65 g|
|1 1/2 cup||rolled oats||150 g|
|3 tbsp||chia seeds||30 g|
|4 tbsp||psyllium husks||18 g|
|1 tsp||salt||4 g|
|1 tbsp||maple syrup||15 mL|
|3 tbsp||canola oil||45 mL|
|1 1/3 cup||water||330 mL|
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the sunflower, flax and chia seeds, hazelnuts, oats, psyllium and salt.
- In a measuring cup, mix the water, maple syrup and oil. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix well for a few minutes until mixture thickens and there isn't any liquid left at the bottom of the bowl.
- Transfer the mixture into the loaf pan. Press the mixture using the back of a spoon. This is crucial to ensure that the bread does not crumble when slicing. Let rest on the counter for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F. Transfer the bread to the middle of the oven and bake for 20 min. Remove from the oven, unmold then put the bread back into the oven, directly on the oven rack. Bake for an additional 40 min, until golden-brown.
- Let cool completely, then slice.
For easier slicing, leave the bread for a couple of hours in the fridge beforehand. It will be much easier to slice then. The bread keeps for a couple of days in the fridge and several months in the freezer. Slice before freezing.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (30g)
% Daily Value
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Excellent source of :
- Manganese, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Magnesium, Vitamin B1
- Source of :
- Copper, Iron, Niacin, Omega-3, Omega-6, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Free :
- Cholesterol, Trans Fat
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
MilkyDayseptember 14, 2018 | I would make this recipe again
This is excellent.