|3||new potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1 cm-thick slices||460 g|
|1/2||red onions, finely chopped||80 g|
|1 tbsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed||1/2 lemon|
|1 tbsp||white vinegar||15 mL|
|3 tbsp||mayonnaise||45 mL|
|2 tbsp||creamy soy preparation for cooking||30 mL|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard||5 mL|
|Grilled Peppers, coarsely chopped|
|1 tbsp||Italian parsley, fresh, chopped||5 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- In a small bowl, soak the finely chopped onion in water with few drops of vinegar for about 30 min, while preparing the salad. You can also leave it overnight in the refrigerator. This makes the raw onion easier to digest and crispier.
- Prepare the potatoes: leave them unpeeled and cut them into 1 cm slices. Boil or steam them for about 15 min, just until they are tender. Transfer the potatoes to a bowl, drizzle with the lemon juice and vinegar, then toss gently to coat. Let the potatoes cool down to room temperature.
- Combine the mayonnaise, soy preparation, and mustard in a small bowl. Whisk to blend, then pour the mixture over the cooled potatoes. Add the onion and the roasted peppers, season with salt and pepper, then toss. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley then serve.
This salad can be made up to 1 day ahead and chilled.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (270g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Folacin, Iron, Omega-3, Omega-6, Phosphorus, Vitamin B2, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1
- Excellent source of :
- Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar