Roasted peppers with fresh and sun-dried tomatoes, in a dressing of balsamic vinegar and garlic.
|1||yellow or red sweet peppers, quartered lengthwise||200 g|
|2||tomatoes, sliced||240 g|
|3||sun-dried tomatoes (oil packed), chopped||1 1/2 tbsp|
|1 3/4 tsp||capers||5 g|
|6||black olives||2 1/2 tbsp|
|2 1/2 tbsp||extra virgin olive oil||38 mL|
|1/2 tbsp||balsamic vinegar||8 mL|
|1/2 tbsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed||1/4 lemon|
|1/2 tbsp||Parsley and Garlic Base||8 mL|
|1 tbsp||chives, fresh, chopped||3 g|
|1/2 tbsp||pine nuts [optional]||3 g|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.1 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Cut the peppers into quarters lengthwise, remove the seeds and stalks. Cook, skin side down, over a hot grill or under a broiler about 5 min, until the skin chars. Turn them over and cook an additional 2-3 min. Transfer them to a bowl and let cool down a few minutes. Peel the peppers, cut them into strips lengthwise, then arrange them on a serving dish.
- Slice the tomatoes and arrange them on the serving dish with the peppers. Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and chop them coarsely. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, capers, pine nuts (optional), and olives on top of the peppers and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and Parsley and Garlic Base. Chop the chives and add them to the dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk well, then pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
This salad may be prepared and dressed 1-2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (240g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Manganese, Vitamin B6
- Excellent source of :
- Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar