Potato and leek soup puréed with milk.
This recipe owes its name to the French city of Vichy, but its origin is in the United States. Nowadays, the term «vichyssoise» can stand for almost any soup served cold.
- Prepare the vegetables: finely chop the leeks and onions; peel the potatoes then cut them into 1 cm pieces.
- Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan. Add the chopped onions and leeks, cover, and cook over low heat about 10 min until softened.
- Add the potatoes, broth, salt and pepper. Simmer, covered, about 25-30 min until the potatoes are softened.
- Purée the soup in a blender or food processor. Pour in the milk then mix well. Cover and chill thoroughly (about 2 hours). Garnish each bowl with minced chives then serve.
This soup will keep up to 7 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer. It can be served cold or warm.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (550g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||4 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Selenium, Vitamin B2, Vitamin D, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Milk and Alternatives||½|