Tempeh triangles marinated in a soy, garlic and balsamic vinegar sauce.
|1/4 cup||soy sauce||65 mL|
|2 tbsp||balsamic vinegar||30 mL|
|2 cloves||garlic, finely chopped|
|4 tsp||olive oil||20 mL|
Before you start
Tempeh can be found in the chilled section of health food stores. Most often it is a compact 8oz (240g) square patty. It must be defrosted in the refrigerator a few hours before it can be used in the recipe.
- Cut each 8oz (240g) tempeh block into 4 squares, then cut each square into 2 triangles.
- Combine the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and garlic in a bowl. Place the tempeh into the bowl then let marinate for about 30 min, turning the pieces once to cover them well. Make sure that both sides of the tempeh are covered with the marinade.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the tempeh pieces and sauté until golden-brown, about 5 min. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (140g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Folacin, Omega-6, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B1
- Good source of :
- Iron, Potassium, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Vitamin B2
- Free :
- Added Sugar