A favourite all-in-one meal.
|1||onions, finely chopped||200 g|
|2||carrots, sliced into thin rounds||200 g|
|2 stalks||celery, sliced into small pieces||140 g|
|1 tbsp||olive oil||15 mL|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.1 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|2 cups||Homemade Boiled Chicken|
|2 tbsp||butter, unsalted||28 g|
|3 tbsp||cornstarch||22 g|
|375 mL||Homemade Chicken Broth||1 1/2 cup|
|2||sweet potatoes, peeled then grated||340 g|
|1 1/2 cup||Cheddar cheese, grated||110 g|
Before you start
Make sure you have the precooked chicken available.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Prepare the vegetables: Finely chop the onion; peel the carrots then slice them into thin rounds; slice the celery into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery, then sauté 5-6 min until they are a bit softened. Add salt and pepper, then stir in the chicken pieces. Cook 3-4 min until the mixture is warmed through, then transfer it to a baking dish.
- While the onions and carrots are cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the cornstarch and cook 2 min with stirring. Slowly add the broth with stirring and bring to a boil. Cook a few minutes until a thicker consistency is obtained, then pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetable mixture.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and grate them using a large holed grater. Put them in a bowl, add the grated cheese and mix, then spread the mixture on top of the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 30 min. For a nice golden-brown crust, turn on the top broiler for the last 2 min. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (230g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||3 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||¼||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||½||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Copper, Vitamin D
- Good source of :
- Iron, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||3|