A nice sweet snack, that can be offered as a gift when you are invited to a party.
|1/4 cup||butter, unsalted||60 g|
|1 pinch||salt||0.1 g|
|1 cup||sugar||200 g|
|3 cups||almonds||420 g|
|4 tsp||ground cinnamon||12 g|
- Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F. Line with parchment paper a baking sheet.
- Melt butter in a microwave. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt. Slowly add the sugar, then beat to form stiff peaks using an mixer.
- Gently incorporate the almonds and cinnamon. Pour butter on the mixture and gently fold. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 40 min, until the almonds are crispy, turning them often.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
The cooled almonds can be stored in an air-tight container for up to two weeks.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (30g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||½||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Copper, Phosphorus, Vitamin B2
- Good source of :
- Magnesium, Manganese
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin E
|Meat and Alternatives||0|