A salad of cabbage and carrots in a spicy mayonnaise dressing.
A «Cole Slaw» is a salad of finely sliced raw cabbage in a seasoned mayonnaise vinaigrette. Apparently this name derives from the Dutch «koolsla» for «cabbage salad».
Before you start
A mandolin will make slicing the cabbage easier.
- In a large bowl, add the mayonnaise, soy preparation, vinegar, mustard and horseradish.
- Prepare the cabbage, carrots and green onions. Thinly slice the cabbage and onions. Peel and grate the carrots. Add the vegetables to the bowl, add salt and pepper, then mix well. Cover with some plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 h.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve.
Keep up to 1 day in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (180g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||3||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Potassium, Vitamin B6
- Source of :
- Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Omega-3, Omega-6, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin E
- Low :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat