Before you start
A slow cooker is needed to make this recipe.
- Prepare the vegetables. Chop the onions, mince the garlic and finely dice the bell peppers and sweet potatoes.
- Heat half the oil in a skillet or a pan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic about 3 min until the onion is soft and translucent, with occasional stirring, paying attention not to let them burn. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour the remaining oil into the same pan, heat over medium heat, and add the ground chicken. Cook about 5 min, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until the meat loses its pink colour.
- Place the onion mixture, the chicken as well as the remaining ingredient, except the rice, into the slow cooker. Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on 'low' for 4 h.
- A few minutes before the end of cooking, start to cook the rice.
- Drain the beans, rinse them and drain again. Add them to the slow cooker with the chili, mix well, and cook an additional 8-10 min. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over the steamed rice.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (630g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||3 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||1||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||2 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Excellent source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Pantothenic Acid, Selenium, Vitamin B2, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Source of :
- Calcium, Vitamin D
- Low :
- Calories, Cholesterol, Fat, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||3 ½|