- Cook the rice. Let stand in the refrigerator at least 30 min (this step can be made ahead).
- Meanwhile, prepare and cut the vegetables. Cut the cheese and olives. Chop the parsley. Rinse then drain the legumes. Put these ingredients in a salad bowl with the rice.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, and oregano. Pour this vinaigrette over the salad then toss gently. Add pepper to taste. It is not necessary to add salt, since the cheese and olives are already salted.
- Let stand at least 1 h in the refrigerator, then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (250g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¾||serving|
|Grain Products :||1||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Omega-3, Omega-6, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Folacin, Vitamin A
- Excellent source of :
- Manganese, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||1|