Chia seeds are a great source of healthy omega-3 fats and fibre. This recipe provides an easy way to add them to your diet.
|3 tbsp||chia seeds||30 g|
|1 cup||soy beverage, unsweetened, fortified||250 mL|
|1 cup||strawberries, thinly sliced||150 g|
- In a bowl, mix the chia seeds and soy beverage. Chill for at least 30 min, or until a pudding consistency is obtained. Mix a few times, to prevent chia seeds from sticking together. Alternatively, if you prefer a smooth consistency, blend together the chia seeds and soy beverage using a food processor then chill.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the strawberries lengthwise. Set aside.
- Pour the chia seeds pudding into glasses, alternating with the strawberries. Serve.
The chia seeds pudding can be kept in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (210g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¾||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||½||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Bone-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Manganese, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Folacin, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Vitamin D, Vitamin E
- Source of :
- Copper, Iron, Niacin, Omega-3, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat