A seasoned sandwich of tuna, egg, and tomato.
This sandwich, inspired by «Pan Bagnat», used to be a staple food of fishermen in Provence. Its name means «wet bread» in the local dialect and refers to bread that has been soaked in olive oil. It is still a very popular lunch in Nice and Côte d'Azur.
|2||panino rolls, ciabatta type||200 g|
|4 tsp||extra virgin olive oil||20 mL|
|1||eggs size large, hard boiled|
|4||black olives, pitted||1 1/2 tbsp|
|1||tomatoes, sliced||120 g|
|1/4 bunch||arugula, rinsed and drained||24 g|
|1 clove||garlic, minced|
|1 tbsp||Classic Vinaigrette||15 mL|
|140 g||tuna, canned, in water|
|1/2||green onions/scallions, finely chopped|
|4 leaves||fresh basil [optional]||2 g|
|1||radishes, thinly sliced||16 g|
|1/2 can (398 mL size)||artichoke hearts||3 units|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.2 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Slice each panino roll into 2 halves lengthwise, then baste the cut sides with the oil.
- Put the arugula in a bowl. Pour in the Classic Vinaigrette, then add the garlic and green onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then mix well. Portion out the mixture onto half of the roll slices. Distribute the tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, olives, artichoke hearts, tuna, and radishes on top of the arugula. Garnish with the basil leaves (optional). Cover each roll slice with the remaining slices.
- Wrap each sandwich individually with plastic wrap then chill in the refrigerator under a weight, for a minimum of 4, and a maximum of 12 hours.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (360g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||3 ½||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, Zinc
- Source of :
- Copper, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin C
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||2 ½|