These high protein no-cook bars make for the perfect snack before or after doing sports.
|16||fresh dates, pitted||380 g|
|1/3 cup||peanut butter, natural||90 g|
|2 tsp||vanilla extract||10 mL|
|1 cup||rice puffs||16 g|
|1 1/3 cup||almonds, coarsely ground||190 g|
|80 g||unsweetened (dark) chocolate|
Before you start
A food processor will be very useful to purée the dates and coarsely grind the almonds.
- Line one or multiple 20 cm (8 in) square baking pan with parchment paper, according to number of servings.
- Put the pitted dates in a food processor then purée. Add the peanut butter and vanilla then mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine the puffed rice and almonds. Add the date mixture then mix well. Tip this mixture into the prepared baking pan(s) and press the mixture so it is compact.
- Put the chocolate in a bowl, then put it in the microwave. Cook using short periods to avoid burning the chocolate. Spread the melted chocolate on top of the date mixture using the back of a spoon.
- Transfer the pan(s) to the fridge then let set for at least 45 min. Cut each squares into 12 pieces then serve.
The bars can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days in a closer container. They will also keep for a couple of months in the freezer.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (60g)
% Daily Value
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Excellent source of :
- Magnesium, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Manganese, Potassium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Folacin, Iron, Niacin, Omega-6, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Low :
|Meat and Alternatives||0|