Peppers may be either roasted or grilled, the choice being a matter of personal preference : roasting is longer, but yields peppers that are more fully cooked hence easier to digest and to purée than if they are grilled. Grilling is quicker and yields firmer peppers.
|6||yellow or red sweet peppers||1.2 kg|
|2 tbsp||extra virgin olive oil||30 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Only red and yellow peppers are used in this recipe. They are harvested from the same plant as the green ones but are plumper and sweeter after changing colour since they are picked when fully ripe.
- Preheat the oven to 215°C/425°F.
- Clean the peppers with a wet towel, pat dry, and place into an ovensafe dish or a roasting pan. Cook in the middle of the oven about 30 min, or until peppers are soft and browned in spots. Turn them a couple times during cooking.
- Remove from oven, cover or wrap in a paper bag, and let cool down about 15-20 min (the moisture kept in the bag or under the cover will help the peeling). Remove the stem. Peel and cut each pepper lengthwise into 3-4 strips and remove seeds. Drain in a colander for about 30 min.
- Add salt and pepper to taste only when ready to use. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (160g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Sodium, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Vitamin B6
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Diet-related health claims :
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
pintsizeapril 07, 2009 | I would make this recipe again
I added a chopped garlic bud and parsley about an hour before serving.