A creamy potato and garlic soup puréed with milk.
Even those who are not great fans of garlic may enjoy this soup, since this potent ingredient becomes quite mild, even subtle, when cooked in combination with potatoes and leeks.
- Prepare the vegetables: Coarsely chop the onion. Halve the leek lengthwise and cut each half crosswise into 2 cm pieces. Crush the garlic cloves. Peel and cut the potatoes into 4 cm chunks.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, leek, and garlic, then cook with occasional stirring, until the vegetables are just softened, 2-3 min. Add the broth and potatoes, then season with the salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to low, cover, and simmer about 20 min until the potatoes are tender.
- In the meantime, prepare the croutons.
- Purée the soup in a blender or food processor. Pour the soup back into the saucepan, add the milk, stir, and reheat over moderately high heat a couple of minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish each bowl with the chopped chives and croutons. Serve.
This soup keeps up to 7 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (380g)
% Daily Value
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Iron, Niacin, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Source of :
- Calcium, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin D, Zinc
- Low :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
|Milk and Alternatives||0|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
carolerieoctober 16, 2014 | I would make this recipe again
Looks like a wonderful soup, but I doubt that it has so many calories???