Succulent and crunchy, spaghetti squash blends perfectly with a tomato sauce or any other favourite pasta sauce for a family-friendly starter ready in few minutes.
|1||spaghetti squash||1.8 kg|
|1 cup||My Mother's Tomato Sauce||250 mL|
|1 tbsp||butter, unsalted||14 g|
|1/3 cup||Parmesan cheese, grated||16 g|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.1 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, then scoop out and discard the seeds. Place the halves on a baking sheet, cut side down. Bake until soft, about 45 min. Alternatively, cook each halve separately in a microwave oven: Place each halve in a bowl, add about 1/4 cup of water, then cover partially with a plastic wrap. Cook at high intensity about 8 min for each halve.
- While the squash is cooking, heat the tomato sauce in a saucepan over low heat. Set aside.
- Using a fork, rake out and pull the strands. Drain the strands then transfer them to individual bowls. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the sauce over the squash, top with the butter and cheese, then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (250g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||3 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Manganese, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||0|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Leave a review
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
sonofapreachermanapril 07, 2011 | I would make this recipe again
I love this recipe! I made over and over, it's that good and that easy! I have it with my Mom's spaghetti sauce and a tad of cheese! YUM!