Baked belgian endive and «stracchino» cheese.
«Stracchino» is a raw milk cheese from Lombardy with a distinctive tangy flavour. It derives its name from the type of milk used long ago, i.e. from «vacche stracche», «exhausted cows» on their journey back from the summer meadows in the Alps.
|3||Belgian endive (Witloof)||460 g|
|260 g||Stracchino (Crescenza) cheese||1 1/4 cup|
- Preheat the oven to 205°C/400°F.
- Prepare the belgian endive. Cut them in half lengthwise and place them in an ovenproof dish, cut side up. Distribute the stracchino on top.
- Cook in the middle of oven 15-20 min, until the endive is soft and golden. Poke with a fork to check if they are cooked through. It is not necessary to add any salt since the cheese is already rather salty.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (340g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||4||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Excellent source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Folacin, Phosphorus
- Good source of :
- Source of :
- Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Vitamin B1
- Free :
- Sodium, Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||3|