This is one of my favorite pasta dishes. It is simple and quick to prepare, but, for good results, use only locally-grown, sun-ripened tomatoes.
|2 leaves||fresh sage, finely chopped||0.4 g|
|1 clove||garlic, minced|
|1/2||dried chili peppers, minced||0.4 g|
|1 tbsp||olive oil||15 mL|
|2 tsp||Parsley and Garlic Base||10 mL|
|1/2 cup||Fresh Tomato Base||125 mL|
|30 g||feta cheese, crumbled|
|1 tbsp||Parmesan cheese, grated||3 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
- Finely chop the sage; mince the garlic and chili pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the garlic, sage and chili pepper then sauté for 2-3 min, with stirring. Add the Parsley and Garlic Base, the Tomato Base and cook about 7-8 min over medium heat. Reduce the heat, then add the Feta cheese and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To save time, while the sauce is cooking, cook the pasta. Pour the drained pasta into the skillet and toss well.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and serve in the warmed dishes.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (230g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||2 ¾||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Iron, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2
- Good source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Magnesium, Manganese, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||½|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Leave a review
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
NLavigneoctober 13, 2010 | I would make this recipe again
Super recette - c'est tout à fait "comme au resto". Ce soir, je la refais, et je vais changer la sauge pour du basilic et le feta pour du brie!