A successful way to have the kids asking for more vegetables.
Before you start
The quantities given here are based on this recipe served as a starter. If serving as a side dish, divide the quantities by two.
- Preheat the oven to 205°C/400°F. Line one or more large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Prepare the vegetables: Coarsely grate the carrots, zucchini, and sweet potatoes; finely chop the green onions. Put all the vegetables in a bowl, then stir in the cheese. Add the egg(s), Cayenne pepper, oil, a little salt, and pepper to taste. Mix well, then portion out the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet(s), forming rounds with a diameter of about 10 cm (about 4 per serving).
- Cook in the middle of the oven 12 min, then delicately turn over the fritters and continue to cook until they are golden-coloured, about 12 additional minutes.
These fritters may be kept up to 3-4 weeks in the freezer. They may then be defrost and warmed up in the oven at 205°C/400°F for about 10 min or until warm.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (230g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||½||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Copper, Iron, Niacin, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin D, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Magnesium, Pantothenic Acid, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Manganese, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||½|