A tasty and healthy root vegetable soup.
- Prepare the vegetables: Peel the potatoes, parsnip, carrots, and turnips. Coarsely cut all the vegetables into uniform 3 cm pieces.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add all the vegetables and cook over medium heat for about 10 min with occasional stirring. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of Cayenne pepper, if desired.
- Pour in the warm broth and water. Cook, uncovered, until the potatoes are cooked and fork-tender, about 20 min.
- Purée the soup in a blender. Adjust the seasoning. Serve.
The soup keeps up to 7 days in the refrigerator or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (340g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||3||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Iron, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy