The Italian egg-drop soup known as «stracciatella», is reinvented here, by adding soy sauce, ginger and some exotic vegetables. Result: a delicious soup, prepared in just a few minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the egg(s) lightly. Add some pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the broth in a saucepan. Add the soy sauce, grated ginger, and bring to a boil.
- Add the snow peas, cut into 1 cm pieces, and the soya sprouts. Cook over medium heat 2-3 min until the vegetables are tender.
- Keep the liquid simmering for the next step: while stirring the broth slowly in one direction, gradually add the egg(s) in a steady stream. The egg(s) will coagulate and feather.
- Remove from heat. Season with rice vinegar. Garnish each bowl with chopped green onions and serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (280g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Niacin, Selenium
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin B12, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||½|