Rice cooked in a broth with asparagus.
Before you start
A pressure-cooker will reduce the risotto cooking time to 7 min. The quantities given here are based on this recipe served as main course.
- Finely chop the onion. Clean the asparagus then cut it into small pieces (about 1 cm).
- Heat the broth in a small saucepan on the stove or in a microwave oven. Keep it warm while cooking the risotto (about 20 min).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or saucepan. Sauté the onion 2-3 min, until it becomes translucent. Add the rice and asparagus. Cook 1-2 min, with constant stirring, until the rice grains are well toasted and translucent.
- Cook the risotto, using the warmed broth until the rice is creamy but still al dente. Remove from the heat and let stand for 2 min. Season with salt (not much if the broth is salty) and pepper to taste. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (260g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2||servings|
|Grain Products :||2 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Copper, Iron, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat