|1 cup||green/snap beans||100 g|
|1||potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks||200 g|
|1||carrots, cut into chunks||100 g|
|1 1/2 tbsp||extra virgin olive oil||23 mL|
|2 tsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Prepare the green beans and blanch them 7-8 min, until crisp-tender (al dente). Drain and shake out the water.
- Prepare the potatoes : steam them for 15 min. Set aside.
- Prepare the carrots : steam them for 15 min. Set aside.
- Cut vegetables into small diced, then place in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine extra virgin oil and lemon juice. Pour on the vegetables, adjust the seasoning and serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (200g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Manganese, Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin A, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy