Easy to prepare for a brunch or a light lunch.
|4||eggs size large|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.2 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|1 pinch||cayenne pepper||0.1 g|
|2 tsp||chives, fresh, finely chopped [optional]||2 g|
- Preheat the oven to 220°C /425°F. Lay a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the stones. Using a spoon, scoop out about one tablespoon of avocado flesh, or more, as needed, creating a small well in the center of each avocado. Arrange the avocados on the baking sheet and fold the foil around them to prevent them from tipping over. As an alternative, you may place each avocado in a ramekin to avoid tipping. Gently crack one egg, and slide it into the well, keeping the yolk intact. Repeat with remaining eggs. Season with salt, pepper, and Cayenne pepper to taste.
- Place into the center of the oven and bake until the egg whites have set but the yolks are still runny, about 15-18 min.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (230g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Zinc
- Source of :
- Calcium, Manganese, Vitamin B1, Vitamin C
|Meat and Alternatives||1 ½|