Mahi mahi baked with potatoes, tomatoes, capers, and olives.
Mahi mahi is the hawaiian name of the « dolphinfish », also called « dorado » (in Spanish). Its firm and flavourful flesh, much appreciated by connoisseurs, tends to dry out more quickly than other fish because it contains litlle fat. Be careful not to overcook it.
Before you start
Keep the serving plates warm on the stove while you're preparing the dish.
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/450°F.
- Prepare the potatoes. Peel and boil or steam 20 min (they should come out half-cooked). Cut into ½ cm slices and lay them out in a generously oiled roasting pan.
- Place the mahi mahi fillet over the potatoes in the center of the pan. Surround it with the tomatoes, olives, capers, unpealed and crushed garlic cloves, and lemon slices. Add salt and pepper, then pour in the white wine (optional) and a little oil.
- Bake in the centre of the oven about 20 min for a 4 cm thick fillet. Since the cooking time depends on the thickness of the fillets and the actual temperature of your oven, it is important to check with a fork to see if the fish is cooked through.
- Serve on the warmed plates.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (340g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||2||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Calories, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Folacin, Manganese, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Copper, Iron, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Magnesium, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6
|Meat and Alternatives||4|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
sonofapreachermanapril 04, 2013 | I would make this recipe again
This was an excellent recipe! Easy and delicious!