A combination of aubergines, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, zucchini, carrots, and garlic slowly cooked in the oven.
The vegetables' flavour and texture are intensified compared to the «Classic Ratatouille».
Before you start
Choose a baking dish in which the vegetables will fit tightly.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F.
- Prepare the vegetables and cut them into uniform pieces approximately 1,5 cm thick. Mince or press the garlic.
- Generously oil an ovensafe dish. Add the minced or pressed garlic. Layer the vegetables in the dish with the following sequence: onion, carrot, zucchini, aubergine, pepper, and finally the diced tomatoes on top. Drizzle with oil, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in the middle of the oven 1 ½ h, until the vegetables are soft. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (340g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||4 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Magnesium, Manganese, Vitamin K
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Iron, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Zinc
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat