Before you start
These burgers can be cooked either in a pan on the stovetop or using an outdoor grill.
- Finely chop the onion and herbs, then put them in a bowl. Add the ground chicken, salt and pepper to taste, then mix well until the mixture is well combined and smooth. Using floured hands, form the mixture into flat patties.
- Lightly brush the burgers with oil and cook on a hot grill for about 10 min, until the outside is golden brown and the inside loses its pink colour. Turn the burgers once halfway through the cooking.
- Alternatively, the burgers can be cooked on the stovetop. Melt a little butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook for about 10 min, turning them once.
- Place each burger on a slice of bread. Add the lettuce leaves and tomato slices. Serve with mustard and ketchup on the side.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (270g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||1||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ½||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Iron, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Magnesium, Vitamin B1
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Niacin, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||3|