Plenty of bright and fresh ingredients in this citrusy stir-fry.
Before you start
You will need a wok or frying pan.
Put the serving dish in the oven at the lowest setting to keep the vegetables warm while the meat cooks.
- In a small bowl, mix the orange juice, vinegar, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables: Coarsely chop the onion, cut the pepper into strips, cut the green beans into pieces, and mince or press the garlic.
- Heat half of the oil in a frying-pan or wok. Add the chili pepper and ginger. Cook 1 min, with stirring. Add the onion, pepper, and green beans. Add a little bit of salt and stir-fry 7 min, until cooked al dente. Add the garlic and stir for 1 min, then put the vegetable mixture on a plate and set aside in the oven.
- Add the remaining oil and the meat to the wok. Stir constantly for 5-7 min, until the meat is almost cooked through. Add the vegetables back into the wok then add the broth. Cook 2 more minutes, then stir in the orange mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (280g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Manganese, Omega-3, Vitamin D
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Magnesium, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2
- Excellent source of :
- Iron, Niacin, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Free :
- Added Sugar
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
|Meat and Alternatives||3 ½|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
MilkyDayjune 03, 2016 | I would make this recipe again
Easy and tasty. Thanks SOS.