A perfect Christmas season's dessert.
Before you start
A hand-held or stand mixer will make things easier for this recipe.
- Pour the cream in the upper part of a bain-marie. Cut the chocolate into pieces then add them to the cream. Heat, with stirring, until the chocolate is completely melted. Remove from the heat then let cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour (not longer, otherwise the mixture will set).
- Whip the chocolate mixture using a mixer, until it is easy to spread. Add the Cointreau (optional) then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F. Butter a 38 x 25 cm (15 x 10 in) baking sheet, then line with a buttered parchment paper sheet. The parchment paper should be larger than the baking sheet, to facilitate unmolding.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs using a mixer then gradually add the sugar. Whisk until the mixture is pale and thick, about 5 min. Incorporate the dry mixture into the egg-sugar mixture. Carefully add the softened butter, using a spatula.
- Spread the batter in the cookie sheet and level the surface. Cook in the center of the oven for about 12 min. Check with a toothpick or knife to see if it is cooked through. Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle a parchment paper with sugar and topple the cake on this paper. Remove the paper that was used during cooking. Roll the cake in the new paper (from the shorter side) along its length. Let cool at room temperature.
- When the cake is cool, unroll it. Spread the chocolate-mixture all over the cake then roll it again. Sprinkle with the cocoa powder.
- Keep the roll in the refrigerator until 30 min before serving.
This roll is rich enough, so that it does not need any icing.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (80g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||½||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Folacin, Iron, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin D, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
|Meat and Alternatives||½|
|Other Foods||1 ½|