|4||apples, peeled then cut into thin slices||700 g|
|2 tsp||sugar||8 g|
|1 tsp||ground cinnamon||3 g|
|1/3 cup||brown sugar||65 g|
|1 cup||oats, organic, gluten-free||80 g|
|2 tbsp||margarine non-hydrogenated||26 g|
- Preheat the oven to 205°C /400°F. Lightly grease (with margarine) an oven-safe dish.
- Peel the apples, remove and discard the cores, then cut them into thin slices (5 mm). Arrange the slices in the buttered dish, then sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon. Bake in the middle of the oven 12-15 min.
- During this time, combine the brown sugar, rolled oats, and margarine in a bowl. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, blend the ingredients until a crumbly pastry mixture forms (about the size of peas).
- Take the dish out of the oven, then spread the crumbly mixture evenly over the apples. Bake an additional 15 min, until the topping is golden-brown.
- Let stand 15 min, then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (180g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||1||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Copper, Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Manganese, Vitamin D
- Excellent source of :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy