A sweet potato and leek soup.
A delicious sweet potato soup, which is best served cold like a «Vichyssoise».
- Prepare the vegetables : peel the sweet potatoes, then cut them coarsely into 2 cm pieces; finely chop the onion and leek.
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion and leek, then sauté 4-5 min, taking care not to let them to burn. Add the diced sweet potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and cook about 20 min, partially covered, until the potatoes are soft.
- Purée the soup in a blender or food processor, then add the curry powder, orange juice, and rice milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well, then cover and chill thoroughly in the refrigerator (about 2 hours).
- Serve cold.
This soup keeps up to 7 days in the refrigerator or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (320g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Fat, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Iron, Magnesium, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Manganese, Niacin, Potassium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin A
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
bboomernovember 21, 2015 | I would make this recipe again
Simple & easy to make but also delicious. Can be enjoyed any time of the day.