These delicious and tender ribs are low in sugar and high on flavour.
|2 tsp||canola oil||10 mL|
|1/2||onions, chopped||100 g|
|2 cloves||garlic, chopped|
|1/4 tsp||allspice powder||1 g|
|1/4 tsp||ground cinnamon||1 g|
|1/4 tsp||ground ginger||0.4 g|
|1/4 cup||apple jelly||80 g|
|1 tbsp||soy sauce||15 mL|
|900 g||pork spareribs|
Before you start
A slow cooker is needed to make this recipe.
- Prepare the vegetables: Finely chop the onion and the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic then sauté until softened and translucent, about 3 min. Transfer to the ceramic cooking pot. Add the remaining ingredients except the ribs. Mix well to combine.
- Add the ribs and stir to coat them with the mixture. Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on 'low' for 6 h. Alternatively, you may place the ribs in a baking dish, cover with foil and bake 60-90 min at 205°C/400°F.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (140g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¼||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B2
- Source of :
- Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Vitamin D
|Meat and Alternatives||3 ½|