A comforting soup that is ready in no time.
Before you start
If you cant'find a dry legume mix at your grocery store, you can make one yourself by mixing 50% grenn lentils with 50% split peas.
It is not necessary to soak the legume mix in advance.
- Rinse and drain the legume mix, then set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables: Finely chop the onion and mince or press the garlic.
- In a pot, sweat the onion and garlic in the oil over medium heat until softened, about 4 min. Add the legume mix, mustard, cayenne pepper and oregano. Cook 1 min with stirring. Add the tomatoes, frozen vegetables, broth and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 35 min or until the legumes are cooked. Adjust the seasoning and serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (290g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin A
- Good source of :
- Copper, Niacin, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Source of :
- Calcium, Pantothenic Acid, Selenium, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||1 ½|