- Prepare the vegetables: cut the cauliflower into florets, finely chop the garlic and onion.
- Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté 4-5 min, until translucent. Add the cauliflower and cook 2 min with stirring. Pour in the warm broth. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat, cover, and simmer about 20 min until very soft. Add a little salt and pepper.
- Purée the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour in the cream, half of the grated cheddar and adjust the seasoning. Put the soup back on the stovetop, add more broth if the soup is too thick, and reheat it throughout.
- Serve into bowls, adding the remaining cheese on top of each bowl.
The soup keeps up to 7 days in the refrigerator or up to 4 months in the freezer. Cheese and cream should not be added before freezing, but later when the soup is reheated.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (330g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||3||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Fibre, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Vitamin C, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||½|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
paulinejwattmay 09, 2010 | I would make this recipe again
amazing!! and so simple. tastes phenomenal.