This recipe comes from the book "Cuisiner pour vaincre la douleur et l'inflammation chronique", de Jacqueline Lagacé, Ph.D., Éditions FIDES, 2011
Before you start
A bread machine will be extremely useful for this recipe.
For people with egg intolerance, substitute the eggs with 4 tablespoons (60 ml) of applesauce.
- Fit the pan in the bread machine.
- Heat water in the microwave for 50 to 70 seconds.
- Crack eggs into the hot water, beat them and pour everything into the pan of the bread machine.
- Add remaining ingredients, in the order they appear on the list.
- If your bread machine is a Black & Decker B2300 model, start the rapid baking cycle (no. 2), 2 lb. bread, dark crust and turn on the machine. Baking will take 1 hour 28 minutes and your bread should be cooked just right. If you have a different model, choose a rapid cycle and test it to determine the best conditions.
- When the baking is over, invert the pan onto a rack and cool 1 to 2 hours. Wrap the bread in paper towels or a cloth, put into a plastic bag and refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (40g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||1 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Omega-3, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B2, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||0|