|2||trout fillets||360 g|
|1/4 cup||balsamic vinegar||65 mL|
|1 tbsp||honey||22 g|
|2 tsp||canola oil||10 mL|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.1 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
The trout can be cooked using either an outdoor grill or in a thick-bottom pan on the stovetop.
Keep the serving plates in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar and honey into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat about 5 min until the volume is reduced by half and it reaches a syrupy consistency. Set aside.
- Lightly oil the trout fillet(s) on both sides. Heat a grooved, thick-bottom frying pan or a nonstick pan. When hot, add the trout, skin side down, and cook about 4 min until the edges become opaque and lighter coloured. Turn and cook an additional 4 min. Peel off the skin and add salt and pepper. Check with a fork to see if it is cooked through. Depending on its thickness, the trout is cooked in 8-10 min total. Alternatively, cook the fillets on a hot grill.
- Serve on the warmed plates. Drizzle with the balsamic syrup.
Any unused balsamic reduction can be stored a few months in the refrigerator for future use.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (190g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¾||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Folacin, Omega-3, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Vitamin B6
- Excellent source of :
- Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin D
|Meat and Alternatives||4 ½|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
annelegaceyjune 23, 2017 | I would make this recipe again
The balsamic & honey worked so well together - absolutely delicious.