|1/2 cup||Port wine||125 mL|
|2 tbsp||butter, unsalted, plus some to grease the dish||26 g|
|1 tbsp||white flour (all purpose)||8 g|
|1/3 cup||beef broth||85 mL|
|2 slices||smoked ham, about ½ cm thick||260 g|
Before you start
The Port wine sauce may be prepared a few days in advance.
Keep the serving plates warm on the stove while you're preparing the dish.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/375°F.
- Pour the Port wine into a small saucepan, add the butter, then bring to a low boil. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the mixture has been reduced to a thin sauce, 25-30 min.
- Add the flour to a small bowl, then slowly pour in the broth, stirring thoroughly to avoid lumps. Transfer the mixture to the saucepan and continue to simmer an additional 10 min.
- Arrange the ham slices on a lightly greased baking dish. Cook 5 min in the middle of the oven just to warm them through. Pour the hot sauce over the slices, then put them back in the oven for an additional 5 min.
- Serve on the warmed plates.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (170g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||¼||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¾||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Excellent source of :
- Manganese, Niacin, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12
- Good source of :
- Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Source of :
- Copper, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin D
|Meat and Alternatives||2 ½|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
MilkyDayapril 19, 2010 | I would make this recipe again
Very quick, easy and yummy!