This Tex-Mex classic can be served for breakfast, brunch or dinner.
|2||corn tortillas||90 g|
|1 tbsp||olive oil||15 mL|
|4||eggs size large|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.1 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|2 servings||Mexican Rice and Beans|
|30 mL||Fresh Tomatillo Salsa||2 tbsp|
Before you start
Keep the serving plates warm on the stove while you're preparing the dish.
- Preheat the oven to 205ºC/400ºF.
- Wrap tortillas in foil, then heat 5 min in the oven. Wrap tortillas in clean kitchen towel to keep them warm. Alternatively, heat tortillas over medium heat in a dry hot pan until warmed and lightly toasted.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet, taking care to keep the yolks intact. Cook them sunny-side up or over easy until the whites are firm but the yolks are still runny, about 4 min. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place one tortilla on each warmed plate. Carefully slide two eggs on top of each tortilla. Add the Mexican Rice and Beans and the Fresh Tomatillo Salsa then serve.
Recommended side dishes
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (150g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¾||serving|
|Grain Products :||2 ¾||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Vitamin C, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Potassium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||2|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Leave a review
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
Joshua W.april 30, 2017
The prep and cooking times are misleading since the recipe includes Mexican rice and beans which add another half-hour to the total.