Chicken braised in a tomato and wine sauce
An Italian classic: «Pollo alla Cacciatora».
Before you start
Keep the serving plates in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
- Coat the chicken with cornstarch. Finely chop the onion and rosemary.
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan over high heat. Sauté the chicken pieces thoroughly on each side until golden, about 6-8 min. Take them out of the pan and set aside, keeping them warm in the oven.
- Add the onion and rosemary into the pan and cook 2-3 min over medium heat. Deglaze with the wine. Cook 6-8 min over medium heat until the cooking juices reduce and are completely absorbed.
- Add the diced tomatoes and put the chicken pieces back into the pan. Add salt and pepper. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat 30-35 min.
- Serve on the warmed plates.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (240g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1||serving|
|Grain Products :||½||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ½||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Copper, Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Vitamin B1, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Iron, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||3 ½|