«Man-gay» was the tamil term used in Southern India for mango. It was the Portuguese who transformed the term into «manga» and spread the fruit across the world. It is one of the best sources of vitamins A and C, and a good supply of potassium and copper.
|2||tomatoes, cut into ½ cm slices||240 g|
|2||mangoes, ripe, diced||600 g|
|3 tbsp||olive oil||45 mL|
|1 tsp||balsamic vinegar||5 mL|
|3/4 tsp||paprika||2 g|
|2 tbsp||Italian parsley, fresh [optional]||10 g|
- Cut the tomatoes into slices approximately ½ cm thick and arrange them on a flat dish. Sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 15 min to allow excess liquids to drain off. Transfer to a serving plate or to individual plates.
- Cut the mangoes in half, without peeling them, slicing near the large oval pit. Using a knife, make check pattern incisions (about 1 cm wide) in the flesh without cutting through the skin. Gently press the scored halves to turn them inside out and then cut off the cubes of fruit from the peel. Trim the rest of the fruit off the pit. Place the mango pieces in the centre of the plates.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, paprika, and salt until it is emulsified. Pour over the tomatoes and mangoes. Garnish with fresh parsley leaves on top (optional) then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (170g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Magnesium, Niacin, Potassium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
CharlieTrotterfebruary 17, 2009 | I would make this recipe again
Unusual, yet effective combination. I had some cilantro, instead of parsley.