|8||button (white) mushrooms, thinly sliced||110 g|
|2 tbsp||canola oil||30 mL|
|1 1/2 tbsp||Parsley and Garlic Base||23 mL|
|300 g||veal cutlets, thinly sliced|
|2 tbsp||white flour (all purpose)||16 g|
|2 tbsp||butter, unsalted||28 g|
|1/3 cup||beef broth||85 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Keep the serving plates in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
- Prepare the mushrooms: slice them thinly lengthwise.
- Heat half of the oil in a skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté the mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until the released liquid is evaporated, about 3 min. Add the Parsley and Garlic Base, then cook an additional 2 min, with stirring. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the skillet from the heat and keep warm.
- Flatten and tenderise the cutlets using a meat pounder. Coat them with the flour and shake off the excess.
- Heat the butter and remaining oil in a pan over medium heat, taking care not to let them burn. Add the cutlets, then brown each side for about 1 min. Warm up the broth in a separate pan, and pour it into the pan with the cutlets. Cover and cook over low heat 5-6 min. Season with salt and pepper, then add the mushrooms and cook 1 additional minute.
- Serve on the warmed plates.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (180g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||½||serving|
|Grain Products :||½||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Omega-3, Omega-6, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin D
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Pantothenic Acid, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||4|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
Lise R.june 15, 2017 | I would make this recipe again
I used chicken cutlets and chicken broth,very tender