Shell-shaped pasta with a spicy broccoli, mini-tomatoes, and garlic sauce.
Before you start
Keep the serving plates in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
- Prepare the broccoli: clean and cut off the florets. Peel off any though skin of the stalks and cut them into small pieces. Blanch and drain the broccoli, then set aside, but keep them warm.
- To save time, the rest of the sauce preparation and pasta cooking can be done at the same time. Cook the pasta.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Gently sauté the minced or pressed garlic 1-2 min, with stirring, until soft taking care not to let it burn. Stir in the minced chili pepper then add the mini-tomatoes cut in half and the drained broccoli.
- Pour the drained pasta into the pan and mix with the seasoned broccoli. Adjust the seasoning, then serve in the warmed dishes.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (210g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||2 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Iron, Phosphorus, Vitamin E
- Source of :
- Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat