Linguine with a basil-garlic sauce.
This recipe is the next best thing to savouring a «Pasta al Pesto» in a genuine «trattoria» by the seaside in Genoa, pesto's Italian hometown!
|160 g||linguine, or spaghetti|
|1/3 cup||Pesto Sauce||85 mL|
|3 tbsp||pasta cooking water||45 mL|
|1 tbsp||extra virgin olive oil||15 mL|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.2 g|
Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
- Cook the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, put the pesto sauce in a small bowl, then add salt (as per the quantity specified in the Pesto Sauce recipe) and the specified amount of pasta cooking water, which will warm up the sauce and will dilute it a bit.
- Put the drained linguine back into the pasta cooking pot, add the sauce and extra virgin oil, then mix well. Serve in the warmed dishes.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (220g)
% Daily Value
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar
- Excellent source of :
- Manganese, Selenium, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Magnesium, Niacin, Zinc
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Folacin, Iron, Omega-6, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6
|Meat and Alternatives||0|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Leave a review
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
JoAnne R.february 21, 2014 | I would make this recipe again
Excellent pasta dish. Simple to make but oh so delicious with fresh basil & real parmesean cheese :)