Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
- Prepare the vegetables: Coarsely chop the onion and cut the cauliflower into small pieces (about 2 cm).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté 2-3 min with stirring.
- Add the sausages to the pan. Break them up using a wooden spoon and cook 4-5 min. Add the chili pepper (if the sausage is not already spiced). Pour in the warm broth and stir in the cauliflower. Bring to a boil then lower the heat.
- Cover and simmer 10 min until the cauliflower is cooked al dente and the broth is almost completely absorbed (the sauce should still be moist).
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta.
- Drain the pasta then pour it into the frying pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with the nutritional yeast then toss well. Serve in the warmed dishes.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (450g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2||servings|
|Grain Products :||2 ½||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||½||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Magnesium, Niacin, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Manganese, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C
|Meat and Alternatives||1|