Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
- Put the sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and basil in a blender or food processor. Purée the mixture, then add the grated cheese and oil. Continue to mix until a creamy but thick consistency is obtained. Add the dairy mix if desired.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta.
- Pour enough of the pasta cooking water into the tomato mixture to dilute it and obtain a sauce consistency. Adjust the seasoning.
- Drain the pasta, then put it back into the pasta cooking pot. Add the sauce, mix thoroughly, then serve in the warmed dishes.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (260g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¼||serving|
|Grain Products :||3||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Folacin, Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
- Good source of :
- Iron, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Excellent source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Magnesium, Manganese, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Zinc
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||0|