Pasta with egg, asparagus, and cheese.
Before you start
Keep the serving plates warm on the stove while you're preparing the dish.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
- Preheat the oven to 230ºC/450ºF.
- Prepare the asparagus. Lay the asparagus in a single layer on an oiled baking tray. Coat thoroughly with oil, then add a little salt. Bake in the middle of the oven until the asparagus change colour, about 8-10 min, depending on their size. Shake the tray a couple times during cooking so that the asparagus will cook evenly. After baking, cut the asparagus into pieces sliced at an angle, about 2 cm long. Set aside.
- To save time, the rest of the sauce preparation and the pasta cooking can be done at the same time.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, separate the egg whites and yolks. Set the whites aside in a glass jar with a lid and put them in the refrigerator or freezer for a future use in another recipe. Stir the yolks in a serving bowl which is large enough to hold and mix all the pasta, add the oregano, and season with salt and pepper. Beat the egg mixture 1 min with a fork, then dilute it with the specified amount of pasta cooking water. Set aside.
- Drain the pasta, then pour it into the bowl. Mix rapidly in order to cook the yolks and let the pasta get coated at the same time. Add the asparagus and its cooking juices, sprinkle with the grated parmesan, then serve in the warmed plates.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (220g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¾||serving|
|Grain Products :||1 ¾||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Magnesium, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D
- Good source of :
- Iron, Niacin, Phosphorus, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Manganese, Selenium, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||½|